September 27, 2017
Dear Parents/Guardians of Fifth Grade Students:
This letter is to inform you of procedures that will need to be followed in order for your child to attend Middle School. Please note the following important information:
- The recent distribution for Middle School directories within the District 21 community will help you gain a better understanding of the Middle School admissions process and to identify the programs that would best fit your child’s needs, interests, and abilities. The publication you received included detailed descriptions of each Middle School within the D21 community, and can be referred to in your list of choices on the “REQUEST FOR TESTING” FORM.
- Please read the directory for detailed information regarding MS Magnet Program testing process and specific dates.
- We encourage you to learn more about the schools that interest you, and the school-based process by which students are accepted. You may contact the school directly for further information.
- Students who wish to apply to a special program within their zoned schools should complete the “Request for Testing Form” before Friday, October 20th. It is important that families carefully review the eligibility rules and selection criteria for each school on this form. We are asking for all “Requests for Testing” to be sent in by Friday, October 20th, so our school staff can review all forms to ensure proper completion and return to you or contact you if needed.
- For your information, Middle School Testing for District 21 will take place in January and February, 2018. Applications will be sent home sometime in November, 2017.
- As a reminder, if you do not want your child to test for a special program in one of the middle schools, he or she will go into the regular program at his or her zoned school i.e., Cavallaro, I.S. 281 or, if different, the middle school you are zoned for based on your residence.
In choosing Middle Schools, you may opt to attend the upcoming Open Houses. To learn more about your choices, all families are encouraged to research programs.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions, you may call the school at 718-372-0221. Thank you.
2017-2018 Middle School – Decline for Testing – Return Slip
ONLY tear-off and return to your child’s teacher, if you wish for your child not to be tested!
Dear PS 101K:
I wish for my child not to be tested for the Middle School Magnet Program and will not be returning a “Request for Testing” form.
Child’s Name Parent Signature
Class: ______________________ Date: ________________