Little Lighthouse Team
RESPECT FOR ALL WEEK
FEBRUARY 12TH-FEBRUARY 15TH
Dear PS 101 Parents and Guardians:
PS 101 and the NYC Department of Education are committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizen-ship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight.
Here is our schedule of events and activities to celebrate Respect and Kindness:
- The Great Kindness Challenge – PS 101 is participating in the Great Kindness Challenge during Respect For All Week. Students will be provided with a Kindness Checklist that offers many suggestions and ideas for acts of kindness. Whoever completes the list and visits Ms. Nessas, our school counselor, will receive a prize.
- Respect and Kindness Morning Announcements – A different special message will be announced by our students on the morning announcements each day during the week.
- DOOR WARS- Classroom Door Decorating Contest – Each class will participate in our 2nd annual door decorating contest. The theme is year is POSITIVE, MOTIVATIONAL AND ENCOURAGING MESSAGES.
- Rainbow of Respect – Classrooms will view the book “The Crayon Box that Talked” by Shane DeRolf on Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/23111919
A large crayon box will be on display in the cafeteria. Students will be given paper crayons to write about a way they are unique or different or about something positive that is unique or different about a friend. The paper crayons will be available in the main office and in their classroom.
School Spirit Days
- Monday, February 12 – Rainbow of Respect – Wear your favorite color. We may each look different, but together make a beautiful rainbow.
- Tuesday, February 13 – 100th Day of School. Students and staff are encouraged to make your own crazy hat and/or shirt representing the 100thDay of School. We will select student winners from each grade to award with an ice cream treat!
- Wednesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day and Lunar New Year – Lion Dance – WEAR RED!
- Thursday, February 15 – Be a Hero For A Day. Order your superhero shirt from the Little Lighthouse Team (order form was sent home separately) or dress up as your favorite super hero to raise money for a cause during the Pennies for Patients assembly and school wide events.
Thank you so much for your continued effort and involvement. Please feel free to contact the school counselor, Kyri Nessas, with any questions regarding Respect for All.