As a reminder, tomorrow is Parent-Teacher Conferences AND a Half-Day of school.
Parent-Teacher Conferences for the Fall 2018 term are as follows (you should already have an appointment time):
Date: November 15, 2018
Times: Afternoon Conferences — 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Evening Conferences — 4:30 pm -7:30 pm
**Half-Day of School – All Students will be dismissed at 11:20 am sharp due to Parent Teacher Conferences. Please ensure you are on time to pick up your child.
- TASC AFTER SCHOOL programs are cancelled on Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Appointments were made in advance with parents through class Messenger.
- Hot lunch will be given to all children participating in the hot lunch program.
- Yellow school bus service will be provided for those children using the service.
- Please make every effort to meet with your child’s teacher. By attending this conference you will have the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress.
- Translators will be available in Russian/Hebrew/Spanish/Italian/Arabic /Cantonese/Mandarin
PS. 101’s Grading Policy Grades K-5
ME: “Mastery-Exceeds” Standards (95-100) = 4 by NYS Standards
MA: “Mastery-Above” Standards (85-94) = a mid-high 3 by NYS Standards
MT: “Mastery-Meets” Standards (75-84) = a low-mid 3 by NYS Standards
MP: “Mastery-Approaching” Standards (65-74) = 2 by NYS Standards
MB: “Mastery-Below Standards (64 or less) – 1 by NYS Standards
P.S. 101 is dedicated to the advancement of all students on their way to becoming college and career ready. Our school-wide policy is published on our website and hard copies are available upon request. This policy was included in our opening Student/Parent Handbook for your perusal.
*Students will receive a progress report in January and their next report card in march 2019.
Marks Awarded: The minimum grade a student must receive to pass a course is Mastery Approaching (MA is slightly below grade level). Grades are cumulative and show students’ progress throughout the year. Our Grading Policy: