RESPECT FOR ALL WEEK
FEBRUARY 11TH – FEBRUARY 15TH
PS 101 and the NYC Department of Education are committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizen-ship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight.
We are excited for this year’s Respect for All Week – February 11th-15th, 2019!
Here is our schedule of events and activities to celebrate Respect and Kindness:
- The Great Kindness Challenge – PS 101 is participating in the Great Kindness Challenge during Respect For All Students will be provided with a Kindness Checklist that offers many suggestions and ideas for acts of kindness. Whoever completes the list and visits Ms. Kipriadis Nessas, our School Counselor, will receive a prize.
- Respect and Kindness Morning Announcements – Students will listen for a different special message on the morning announcements each day during the week.
- Respect, Diversity, and Acceptance Door Decorating Contest – Each classroom will be decorating their door as a team to each represent a different country in our school and community. The winners will be announced on Friday, February 15th!
- Messages of Kindness – Hearts will be kept in a basket in the main office. Students and staff can fill them out with messages of kindness and they will be placed on our “Kindness Tree” in the cafeteria.
- The Kindness Rocks Project – Respect for All week will mark the start of The Kindness Rocks Project. More details to follow soon.
- Happy, Healthy Hearts – The American Heart Association will be holding their Happy, Healthy Hearts program this week with classes. More details will be sent separately.
School Spirit Days
- Monday, February 11 – Friendship Day – Wear YELLOW.
- Tuesday, February 12 – Wear clothing that shares positive, kind, or inspirational messages.
- Wednesday, February 13 – Mix It Up Day – Wear Mismatched Clothes – Mix it up and talk to a new person today at lunch.
- Thursday, February 14 – 100th Day of School – Create and wear a 100 theme hat PLUS Love Day – Wear PINK or RED.
- Friday, February 15 – 101 Day of School! Wear PS 101 Gear.
Thank you so much for your continued effort and involvement. Please feel free to contact the school counselor, Kyri Kipriadis Nessas, with any questions regarding Respect for All.
Kyri Kipriadis Nessas