RESPECT FOR ALL WEEK
FEBRUARY 10TH – FEBRUARY 14TH
PS 101 and the NYC Department of Education are committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizen-ship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight. Look out for our new display in the main entrance, which welcomes every visitor that enters PS 101 in all the languages our school community speaks
We are excited for this year’s Respect for All Week – February 10th-14th, 2020!!!
Here is our schedule of events and activities to celebrate Respect and Kindness:
- The Great Kindness Challenge – PS 101 is participating in the Great Kindness Challenge during Respect for All Week. Students will be provided with a Kindness Checklist that offers many suggestions and ideas for acts of kindness. Whoever completes the list and visits Ms. Kipriadis, our school counselor, will receive a prize.
- Respect and Kindness Morning Announcements – Students will listen for a different special message on the morning announcements each day during the week.
- Storybook and Character Trait Door Decorating Contest – Each classroom will be decorating their door as a team to each represent a different storybook with related positive character trait. The winners will be announced on Friday, February 14th!
- Pass Along the Kindness and Respect – Post its will be given to classroom and in the main office for students and staff to fill them out with encouraging messages of kindness and respect. They will be placed on our “Positivity Post It Wall” in the cafeteria for all to see.
School Spirit Days
- Monday, February 10 – Friendship Day – Wear YELLOW.
- Tuesday, February 11 – Wear clothing that shares positive, kind, or inspirational messages.
- Wednesday, February 12 – Favorite Shirt Day – wear your favorite shirt that reveals something about your character, personality, origin, family, etc. Use this as an opening for dialogue and a conversation with a friend.
- Thursday, February 13 –Love Day – Wear PINK or RED.PERIOD 2- Grades 3-4-5 audience
- PERIOD 3- Grades Kgn-1-2 audience
- ASSEMBLY: Respect for All Thursday, February 14th
- Friday, February 14 – 100th Day of School – Create and wear a 100 theme hat or outfit
Thank you so much for your continued effort and involvement. Please feel free to contact the school counselor, Kyri Kipriadis, with any questions regarding Respect for All.