Below is the link to the recording of today’s meeting:
Key Answers to questions asked:
- Blended/In-Person Learning AND Remote Learning- 1st Day of School is September 10
- Blended/In-Person Learning AND Remote Learning –School day start time: 8:30am.
- Blended/In-Person Learning –All parents are being called today Aug 25 and tomorrow Aug 26 and are being informed of their child’s Learning group RED- A, BLUE-B or GREEN-C
- Siblings are being grouped on the same day.
- You cannot change the group your child is in.
- Morning Line-up is outdoor everyday, rain or shine. Only students will be allowed into the school yard for line-up AND every child will have their temperature checked before entering.
- Parents are required to check their child’s temperature before sending them to school.
- There is no morning early arrival as there was in the past.
Breakfast will be served in classrooms, hence there will be no early admittance for students.
- School ends approximately 1:45-2pm and dismissal time will depend on the grade (ex: PK/K get out before older kids).
- You will know your child’s class and teacher on September 10
- All IEP’s are being honored as is (meaning you get all services)
- Yes there will be ELL classes
- Yes there will be Dual Language
- There will be Live Teaching everyday (but we have not been told by the Dept of Education how much live teaching)
- A learning schedule will be clearly posted everyday so you will will know (for example) ELA is pd 1 and 2, Math pd 3 and 4, etc….
- Yes, you can change from Blended/In-Person Learning to 100% Remote by emailing email@example.com or calling Mrs. Margaret. You must also fill out the Learning Preference Survey.
- No, you cannot change from 100% Remote to Blended Learning at this time. The next time that’s an option will be announced later, but we anticipate November.
- Belongings that were left in the school– we are awaiting guidance on when these items can be picked up, as well as 5th Grade yearbooks and diplomas.