RESPECT FOR ALL WEEK
FEBRUARY 5TH – FEBRUARY 11TH
Dear PS 101 Parents/Guardians:
PS 101 and the NYC Department of Education are committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizenship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight.
This year’s Remote and In-Person Respect for All Week is Friday, February 5, 2021 and Monday, February 8 to Thursday, February 11, 2021. Our teachers will also include learning activities to infuse Respect for All initiatives with lessons planned for this special week.
Scheduled events and activities to celebrate Respect and Kindness:
- The Great Kindness Challenge – PS 101 is participating in the Great Kindness Challenge during Respect for All Week. Students will be provided with a Kindness Checklist by their teacher that offers many suggestions and ideas for acts of kindness. (Google Classrooms)
- Respect and Kindness Morning Video Announcements – Students will view/engage in a new special morning message each day of Respect for All Week in their Google Classroom.
- School Spirit Days –
- Friday, February 5 – Wear YELLOW in school or on your Zooms for Friendship Day
- Monday, February 8 – Wear clothing that shares positive, kind, or inspirational messages. Share your favorite positive, kind, and inspiring messages or images in Google Classroom!
- Tuesday, February 9 – Wear ORANGE in school or on Zooms for UNITY and RESPECT.
- Wednesday, February 10 – Wear PINK in school or on your Zooms for Love Day/Valentine’s Celebration
- Thursday, February 11 – Wear RED in school or on your Zooms for Lunar New Year
- Friday, February 12 — NO SCHOOL
Thank you for your continued effort and involvement. Please feel free to contact the School Counselor, Ms. Kipriadis, with any questions at KKipriadis2@schools.nyc.gov.
More information can be found on the NYC DOE’s Respect for All page: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/school-environment/respect-for-all/respect-for-all-handouts
Ms. Kipriadis, PS 101 School Counselor