As you are aware the NYS Exams are optional this year. Due to the large amount of students who opted to take the exams, we need all our Grade 3, 4 and 5 teachers to test students. As a result, all In-person students will have Remote Only asynchronous instruction on Wednesday April 21, 2021.
Pre-K through Grade 2 students will have a normal day of instruction on Wednesday April 21, 2021.
Please note the following important changes to your child’s school program to facilitate the administration of the NYS English Language Arts exam:
- In-Person Students who opted in to the the ELA Exam:
On Wednesday April 21, 2021, all students who have completed the survey to opt-in to taking the NYS ELA (In-Person Students who are in Cohorts A, B, & E) will report to school at 8:30am to take the NYS ELA exam. Students will remain in school after they have completed the test.
- Fully Remote Students who opted in to the the ELA Exam:
Fully Remote Students will report to the schoolyard at 8: 00 a.m. on Thursday, April 22, 2021 to take the NYS ELA exam. Remote students will be dismissed at 10:30 AM in the schoolyard must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designee.
All students must wear a mask and fill out a health screening before entering the schoolyard. Students are not permitted into the building without a valid screener. https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Students who are in Cohorts, A,B, & E who have opted-out of the survey or have not taken the survey will remain at home on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 to receive asynchronous school work on Google Classroom.
Students will return to their regular schedule on Thursday, April 22nd.
Please note the following:
- Remember to bring (2) number 2 pencils on their testing day.
- Remember to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Follow social distance protocols.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school.