As you are aware the NYS Exams are optional this year. Our 4th Grade teachers will be administering the NYS Science Exam to all A/B/E and Remote students who have opted “yes” to take the test. As a result, all GRADE 4 In-person and remote students who have not opted “yes” for the exam will have Remote Only at home asynchronous instruction on Wednesday June 9, 2021.
The Science Exam consists of multiple Choice questions and short-response writing questions. There is no performance assessment this year.
Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grades 1, 2, 3 & 5 students will have a normal day of instruction (in-person/remote) on Wednesday June 9, 2021 and are not impacted at all.
Please note the following important changes to your child’s school program to facilitate the administration of the NYS Science exam:
- In-Person Students who opted-in to the Science Exam:
On Wednesday June 9, 2021, all students who have completed the survey to opt-in to taking the NYS Science (In-Person Students who are in Cohorts A, B, & E) will report to school at 8:30am to take the NYS Science exam. Students will remain in school after they have completed the test.
- Fully Remote Students who opted-in to the Science Exam:
Fully Remote Students will report to the schoolyard at 8: 00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, to take the NYS Science exam. Remote students will be dismissed at 11:00 AM in the schoolyard must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designee.
All students must wear a mask and fill out a health screening before entering the schoolyard. Students are not permitted into the building without a valid screener. https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Students who are in Cohorts, A,B, & E who are not taking the Science Exam (have opted-out of the survey or have not taken the survey) will remain at home on Wednesday June 9, 2021, to receive asynchronous schoolwork on Google Classroom.
Students will return to their regular schedule on Thursday, June 10th.
Please note the following:
- Remember to bring (2) number 2 pencils on their testing day.
- Remember to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Follow social distance protocols.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school.