Dear GRADE 4 Families ONLY:
Grade Four teachers will be administering the NYS Science Exam to all A/B/E Cohorts and Remote students who have opted “YES” to take the test. As a result, all GRADE 4 In-person and remote students who have NOT opted “YES” for the exam will have Remote Only at home asynchronous instruction on Wednesday June 9, 2021.
Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grades 1, 2, 3 & 5 students will have a regular day of instruction (in-person/remote) on Wednesday June 9, 2021 and are not impacted at all.
Please note the following important changes to your child’s school program to facilitate the administration of the NYS Science exam:
- In-Person Students who opted-in to the Science Exam:
On Wednesday June 9, 2021, all students who have completed the survey to opt-in to taking the NYS Science (In-Person Students who are in Cohorts A, B, & E) will report to school at 8:30am to take the NYS Science exam. Students will remain in school after they have completed the test.
- Fully Remote Students who opted-in to the Science Exam:
Fully Remote Students will report to the schoolyard at 8: 00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, to take the NYS Science exam. Remote students will be dismissed at 11:00 AM in the schoolyard must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designee.
All students must wear a mask and fill out a health screening before entering the schoolyard. Students are not permitted into the building without a valid screener. https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Students who are in Cohorts, A, B, & E who are not taking the Science Exam (have opted-out of the survey or have not taken the survey) will remain at home on Wednesday June 9, 2021, to receive asynchronous schoolwork on Google Classroom.
- ALL students will return to their regular schedule on Thursday, June 10th.
Please note the following:
- Remember to bring (2) number 2 pencils on their testing day.
- Remember to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Follow social distance protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Parent Coordinator, Ms. Margaret Lloyd at 1-347-563-4680 or via email at MLloyd2@schools.nyc.gov. You may also contact your child’s classroom teacher directly for support.