Dear PS101 Families:
School hours are 8:30am-2:45pm this school year.
There are no early drop-offs and parents must accompany their child during the Health Screening process.
Breakfast will be “Grab and Go” -all students will grab a breakfast bag and take it to their classroom to eat, the same as they did last year, in their classroom.
As per NYC regulations, all students must complete a Health Screener before entering PS101. The Health Screener is the same as last year and can easily be completed on your phone (HINT: Bookmark it for easy access). This year we do not need to take temperature checks at the school; parents are expected to take their child’s temperature at home.
We will have two lines for arrival:
1) The FAST PASS Line On 24th Avenue– “Fast Pass” line for parents who have completed the Health Screener, on their phone, you can quickly drop off your child, show the completed Health Screener, and your child may enter the school yard.
2) Health Screener Assistance Line– Bay 35th Street: For those who didn’t complete the Health Screener or need assistance.
For the first week of School, September 13-17, we will have a staggered arrival and all students will line up outside.
Grades PK, 3, 4 and 5 will come at 8:30am
Grades K, 1 and 2 will come at 8:45am
Beginning September 20, all students will arrive at 8:30am.
Grades 2-5 will enter the school yard and proceed directly to their classrooms as per the Map below.
Grades K-1 will have outdoor line-up.
Pre-Kindergarten students will enter on Benson Avenue off the corner of 24th Avenue
NYCDOE REQUIRED FACE COVERINGS All staff, students, and visitors entering a New York City Department of Education (DOE) school building MUST wear a face covering in accordance with NYCDOE guidance. Face coverings must be worn both indoors and outdoors when on DOE school grounds, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Acceptable face coverings include but are not limited to disposable surgical masks that cover both the mouth and nose.
What Types of Face Coverings Are Not Permitted on DOE Property?
- Bandanas and neck gaiters are not permitted.
- Face coverings with an exhalation valve or vent are not permitted as exhalation valves allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape to others.
- Face coverings that completely cover or hide an individual’s face, such as ski masks, are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise approved by school administration, clear face shields cannot be worn unless accompanied by a face covering.