Dear PS101 Families:
School hours are 8:30am-2:45pm this school year.
Starting Monday September 20th, all students are to arrive at 8:30am
There are no early drop-offs and parents must have a completed Health Screener.
We will have FOUR entrances for arrival.
- Grades 2, 3, 4 & 5 will enter on Benson Avenue at both exits (off the corners of 35th street and 24th Avenue)
- Grades Kindergarten and 1st Grade will enter into the school yard
- Pre-Kindergarten will enter on 24th Avenue (off the corner of Benson)
- ***See Map below***
Message from Principal Korrol about Arrival and Dismissal:
Breakfast is “Grab and Go” -all students will grab a breakfast bag and take it to their classroom to eat, the same as they did last year, in their classroom.
As per NYC regulations, all students must complete a Health Screener before entering PS101. The Health Screener is the same as last year and can easily be completed on your phone (HINT: Bookmark it for easy access). This year we do not need to take temperature checks at the school; parents are expected to take their child’s temperature at home.
NYCDOE REQUIRED FACE COVERINGS All staff, students, and visitors entering a New York City Department of Education (DOE) school building MUST wear a face covering in accordance with NYCDOE guidance. Face coverings must be worn both indoors and outdoors when on DOE school grounds, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Acceptable face coverings include but are not limited to disposable surgical masks that cover both the mouth and nose.
What Types of Face Coverings Are Not Permitted on DOE Property?
- Bandanas and neck gaiters are not permitted.
- Face coverings with an exhalation valve or vent are not permitted as exhalation valves allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape to others.
- Face coverings that completely cover or hide an individual’s face, such as ski masks, are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise approved by school administration, clear face shields cannot be worn unless accompanied by a face covering.