Dear 5th Grade Families,
We just received the following information:
MS Admissions Timeline:
- Welcome Letters will be available for 5th grade families later this week.
- Letters will be mailed directly to all public school 5th grade families
- PS101 staff will be will be able to assist you if you don’t receive a letter
- The middle school application will open the week of January 10, with a deadline the week of February 28.
- The pause on academic screens will continue for students entering middle school in Fall 2022.
- All programs that previously admitted students based on their academic records or school-based assessment will use an “open” admission method.
- The “open” admissions method uses random selection to match applicants with available seats.
- Programs that serve a range of language learners (e.g., dual language programs) may continue to rank applicants based on language learning data. No academic information may be used.
- Arts-based middle school audition programs will be permitted to audition applicants; academic information will not be used.
***More information about arts auditions will be available when the application opens.
- MySchools will reflect these updates within the coming week.
Please know that we will continue to share updates and more detail in the coming weeks as the application process opens.