Dear 5th Garde Families,
The middle school application will open the week of January 10, 2022, and close the week of February 28.
Welcome letters are now in the mail (physical mail, NOT email) to families of all current fifth-grade public school students. This letter includes an overview of middle school admissions, including how to create an account and use MySchools.nyc, the DOE’s online school directory and application system.
Your child’s welcome letter includes their unique MySchools account creation code.
- When you’re logged in to your account, you can use MySchools to explore schools and favorite programs of interest; when the application opens, you’ll also use MySchools to apply.
- Need help setting up your account? Watch How to Create or Access a MySchools Account, a video tutorial that walks you through the process.
- The DOE will continue to pause screening (using students’ academic records in admissions) for students entering middle school in fall 2022. For middle school programs with more applicants than seats, offers will be made using admissions priorities and random selection.
- This year, arts-based programs will resume holding auditions.
- MySchools will reflect these updates within the coming week.
We will provide more details around admissions when the middle school application opens in January. You can learn more about middle school admissions and watch our video playlist on the DOE website, schools.nyc.gov/Middle.