Dear Parents and Guardians:
In an effort to strengthen the college-going culture and promote awareness of options for post-secondary education, we will be celebrating PS 101’s College Awareness Day on Friday, January 6th, 2023. Helping our youngest students see that college is possible for them begins with raising greater awareness of what college is and why it matters.
On this day, the following will be happening in our school:
- Teachers and Staff will take some time to discuss their college paths and open the conversation about higher education.
- We are inviting students and staff to wear any college logo gear that they have, to build community involvement and excitement about their future education. Students will be able to share the college they are wearing and who went there, what they studied, and explain career they are interested in.
What activities can families do with their child to celebrate College Awareness Day?
- Continue having college conversations with your child. It is never too early to begin thinking about college. Ask your child:
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What activities would you be interested in joining in high school/college?
- Go on a virtual college tour.
- Dress your child in gear from your favorite college.
- Put a college poster in your child’s room.
- Go online and search colleges and scholarship options with your child.
Thank you so much for your continued involvement and dedication! We hope this sparks a lot of conversations and questions about this topic. Please reach out to us with any questions.
Kyri Kipriadis and Christina Liebert