Dear PS 101 Families,
I am happy to announce that PS 101 has been designated a Lighthouse School by The Leader in Me organization which exemplars school infused leadership.
Leadership is a quality that defines a mindset. When we recognize that we are all leaders of our own lives, it brings with it responsibility, drive, and success. We have worked very hard with our students to ensure they embrace the Leadership mindset of the 7 Habits:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive (Personal Vision)
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind (Personal Leadership)
- Habit 3: Put First Things First (Personal Management)
- Habit 4: Think Win/Win (Interpersonal Leadership)
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood (Empathic Communication)
- Habit 6: Synergize (Creative Cooperation)
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw (Balanced Self-Renewal)
We congratulate our staff, students and families on this achievement and look forward to continuing to develop ourselves.