Free Summer Meals

Starting June 28 and through the summer, all New Yorkers can receive free “Grab & Go” meals across the city.

No registration, documentation, or ID is required.

Meals locations are open to children, families, and the general public daily, Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Vegetarian meals are available at all locations, and Kosher and Halal meals are offered at select locations.

Locations will be searchable using the online tool, or via the School Food app, beginning June 25.   

Cavallaro Summer Assignment for Incoming 6th Graders

Re: Students attending IS 281 in September, 2021

Greetings Grade 5 Graduates and Families:

Hard work always pays off! To better prepare you and your child for the giant leap to Intermediate School, summer is an ideal time for your child to practice what they’ve learned and challenge them for 6th grade learning tasks. Principal Bender and the IS 281 ELA department have prepared English Language Arts assignments for completion. The attached summer assignments have just been released for students preparing to attend for IS 281 in September, 2021, which can also be found on the IS 281 website: IS

If you have any questions, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Margaret Lloyd at (347) 563-4680 or via email at You may also contact IS 281 school staff directly at (718) 996-6706.


Gregg Korrol


Tips for Safe Travel This Summer – NYC Department of Health

Tips for Safe Travel This Summer
It is important to keep your family safe and healthy if you plan to travel to another country this summer. Getting sick during your travels can prevent you from enjoying your trip. You may also have symptoms when you return home, which can prevent you from going to work and your children from going to school. Here are some ways you can protect your family’s health before and during your trip:
See your health care provider at least four to six weeks before your trip.
-Tell your doctor where you are traveling so they can prescribe the right medicines and/or vaccines to prevent you and your family from getting sick.
-Some of these medicines and vaccines take time to provide full protection. Visiting your
health care provider early helps to make sure you are fully protected before your trip.
-Make sure all other routine vaccinations are up to date.
-Check that your family is immune to measles before your trip by talking with your health care provider. There are large outbreaks of measles in Europe and Israel, as well as in South America, Africa and Asia. Infants ages 6 to 11 months should also be vaccinated against measles before any international travel.
Follow these tips if you are in areas where food or water safety is a concern:
-Avoid eating fruits or vegetables that cannot be peeled.
-Make sure all your food is thoroughly cooked and served hot.
-Drink bottled water or disinfect water by boiling it for at least one minute. Some places may not have water that you can drink safely from the faucet.
-Wash hands often with soap and water before preparing and eating food.
-Protect yourself and your children against bug bites. Use insect repellent with DEET and wear longsleeved shirts and long pants. Sleep under an insecticide-treated bed net if you’re staying somewhere that does not have screens on the windows or doors, or if the screens are damaged.
-Do not pet or feed unfamiliar animals, even if they look safe.
For more information and specific advice on the country you are visiting, visit and click the blue “TRhIP” button for more information.

Summer in the City 2019 – Families of Grades 2-5

Summer In The City 2019

Dear PS 101 Families in Grades 2 – 5:

It offers free, full-day summer programming with hands-on STEM activities, enriching reading and math curriculum, and visits to use us, parks and other cultural sites for wonderful experiences. If your child loves to create and want to learn more about STEM subjects- science, technology, engineering and math. Students accepted to the program will spend the summer programming robots, inventing engineering solutions and developing their computer coding and game design skills. Your child will also be engaged in academic enrichment, arts and recreation. Please sign up if you are interested by April 26th for Summer in the City!

To learn more about this free, all-day summer programming for students of all ages, please use the STEM Summer In the City on-line lottery application from March 18th – April 26th with the following link: or call (718) 935 – 2838 for any questions or concerns.

Please see the reverse side for detailed information and contacts. Our Parent coordinator, Ms. Margaret Lloyd is also available for any questions or concerns at (347) 563 – 4680.


Gregg Korrol


P.S.101 Closed for the Summer

Please Be Advised that PS 101 is Closed for the Summer Due to Construction.

There will be no one available at the school to take your calls and the voicemail box may be filled.

If you need assistance during the summer:

  • Parents/Guardians may log into their NYC Schools account at for information on grades and attendance. A message will be posted when State test scores are available, however we do not expect results until September 2018.
  • Supply Lists for September can be found by clicking here.
  • Teachers/Substitutes seeking employment may email the Principal.
  • If you need to register your child, please see below and call the school on August 27th.
  • All other inquiries may call or email Parent Coordinator Margaret Lloyd.

You may email or call the Parent Coordinator at (347-563-4680) or email Principal Korrol at
*Please allow additional time for responses due to vacation schedules.

PS 101 will re-open with limited office staff starting August 27th.

School Starts September 5, 2018

Have a Wonderful Summer…


For new registrants only:

For Registration, YOU NEED:

  • Child has to accompany the parent
  • Child’s birth certificate or Passport or record of baptism
  • Two (2) proofs of address/residency:  such as utility bill (gas/electric/water), lease agreement,
  • Cable bill, NYS Driver’s License, documentation on letterhead from federal, state or local
  • Government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources
  • Administration, ACS, property tax bill, IDNYC card, Income Tax form, official payroll from Employer
  • Immunization record
  • Copy of your child’s IEP (Individual Education Plan) if your child has one.