Dear PS 101 Kindergarten and Grade One Families:
Please see below registration link to join our information workshop on Wednesday January 25th, at 9:00 AM. You will learn more about the Save for College program. We will explain the process and the advantages to joining the program to save for your child’s future. All workshop participants must show valid ID and proof of COVID vaccination upon entry.
Register for this workshop using this link: https://forms.gle/pbKkwxRBa3yRzQa86
Your child has been automatically enrolled in the Save for College Program unless you choose not to participate. You do not have to do anything to enroll to receive a free NYC Scholarship Account. For more details, please visit https://nyckidsrise.org/; https://nyckidsrise.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/BB1-Completion-List_English.pdf; https://nyckidsrise.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/SFC-One-Pager_en.pdf
Building Block 1 – To Activate and View the NYC Scholarship Account:
1. Visit https://nyckidsrise.org/
2. Click Activate Account
3. After reading the Welcome statement, scroll down and click activate account
4. Another small box will appear and you can click Continue
5. You will then see a Registration box pop up
6. Enter your child’s Date of Birth, Zip Code, and OSIS Number (Student ID Number), then click submit.
7. Now you will enter your personal information and create a password
8. Once that’s complete, click on the introductory survey
9. Complete the introductory survey to earn the first $25 reward, which will be allocated to your child’s scholarship account within about a week.
After you finish activating the account, you can choose to open your own account as a next step (also known as Building Block 2) so that you can save alongside the scholarship account. If you have any questions or would like support opening your own college and career savings account:
1. Call NYC Kids RISE at 1-833-543-7473 or email them at email@example.com
2. Join NYC Kids RISE for a Choose the Right Account Workshop. Click here to see the full list of events and register.
We will walk you through these simple steps together!
Please contact our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Bing Xing Lin at Blin9@schools.nyc.gov or (347) 563-4680 if you need support to activate and view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account.