Dear PS 101 Kindergarten Parents,
Because your child is a Kindergartener in the NYC Public School system, s/he is now enrolled in the Save for College Program. The next step is for you as the parent/guardian to activate your child’s NYC Scholarship account and see the funds that have been allocated for their educational future. Their NYC Scholarship Account has an initial allocation of $100 and you can increase these funds by an additional $25 reward for activating and viewing their account. We are reaching out to all participating families at PS 101 because we want to make sure every family at our school is taking advantage of the opportunity! To access their NYC Scholarship Account, follow the steps below. Here is a link to a step by step guide, as well as a link to a video. Once you activate your account, you can log in regularly and monitor the funds and earnings. Join the families at your school who are already saving for college and career training together by taking this important step!
Building Block 1 – To Activate and View the NYC Scholarship Account:
1. Visit https://nyckidsrise.org/
2. Click Activate Account
3. After reading the Welcome statement, scroll down and click activate account
4. Another small box will appear and you can click Continue
5. You will then see a Registration box pop up
6. Enter your child’s Date of Birth, Zip Code, and OSIS Number (Student ID Number), then click submit.
7. Now you will enter your personal information and create a password
8. Once that’s complete, click on the introductory survey
9. Complete the introductory survey to earn the first $25 reward, which will be allocated to your child’s scholarship account within about a week.
Do not hesitate to contact Ms. Kipriadis at (718) 372-0221 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need support to activate and view your child’s NYC Scholarship Account.
After you finish activating the account, you can choose to open your own account as a next step (also known as Building Block 2) so that you can save alongside the scholarship account. If you have any questions or would like support opening your own college and career savings account:
1. Call NYC Kids RISE at 1-833-543-7473 or email them at email@example.com
2. Join NYC Kids RISE for a Choose the Right Account Workshop. Click here to see the full list of events and register.
Questions will be answered during next week’s kindergarten Coffee with Principal Korrol session on May 13th.