Specialty Programs at PS 101
- New York City’s Special Education Reform
- Information for Parents of Preschoolers
- Transitioning to Kindergarten: Information for Famlilies
- Parent’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Important Documents
- UPDATED Parent’s Guide to Special Education Services for School-Age Children
- Special Education Transportation
- English Language Learners
- Related Services
- Acronyms & Glossary
ENL -English as a New Language (ENL, ESL, ELL)
As a parent, you play a key role in determining the program that best matches the academic and cultural needs of your child. We look forward to working with you to make those decisions and appreciate your participation in your child’s education. Feel free to ask parent coordinators and staff members about ELL programs.
(including the Home Language Identification Survey, Parent Survey and Program Selection Forms, useful resources from the ELL Parent Information Case and other important notifications to parents of ELLs.) View the NYS Guide here.
Dual Language Mandarin
Students take part in a specialized classroom where a portion of the day is taught in Mandarin. This includes both learning Mandarin language, as well as learning other subjects (ex: Math) in Mandarin.