As you are aware the NYS Exams are optional this year. Due to the large amount of students who opted to take the exams, we need all our Grade 3, 4 and 5 teachers to test students. As a result, all In-person students will have Remote Only asynchronous instruction on Wednesday May 5, 2021.
Pre-K through Grade 2 students will have a normal day of instruction (in-person/remote)on Wednesday May 5, 2021.
Please note the following important changes to your child’s school program to facilitate the administration of the NYS Math exam:
- In-Person Students who opted in to the the Math Exam:
On Wednesday May 5, 2021, all students who have completed the survey to opt-in to taking the NYS Math (In-Person Students who are in Cohorts A, B, & E) will report to school at 8:30am to take the NYS Math exam. Students will remain in school after they have completed the test.
- Fully Remote Students who opted in to the the Math Exam:
Fully Remote Students will report to the schoolyard at 8: 00 a.m. on Thursday, May 6, 2021 to take the NYS Math exam. Remote students will be dismissed at 11:00 AM in the schoolyard must be picked up by a parent/guardian or designee.
All students must wear a mask and fill out a health screening before entering the schoolyard. Students are not permitted into the building without a valid screener. https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Students who are in Cohorts, A,B, & E who have opted-out of the survey or have not taken the survey will remain at home on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 to receive asynchronous school work on Google Classroom.
Students will return to their regular schedule on Thursday, May 6th.
Please note the following:
- Remember to bring (2) number 2 pencils on their testing day.
- Remember to eat a healthy breakfast.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Follow social distance protocols.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school.