Dear PS 101 Families,
As previously shared, every kindergarten and new grade 1 student is eligible to join the NYC Kids RISE Save for College Program in the 2022–23 school year, with kindergarten and newly-enrolled grade 1 families each receiving an initial $100 allocation within an NYC Scholarship Account. Families have 30 days to opt out if they do not want to be included in the program and have their student’s data shared with NYC Kids RISE and their technology vendor, VistaShare. To support this process, please review the following information and take appropriate action:
- See below or Visit the Save for College Program InfoHub page to find the Opt-Out Notice and Form available in the 10 DOE languages
- Review and look at: Fall Education Period materials
Introductory Video, Program Basics, and Program FAQ.
Note that parents/guardians who wish to opt-out have two options:
- Opt out within their NYC Schools Account; or
- Return a signed opt-out form to their child’s school for data entry into ATS by November 30.
Kindergarten and newly-enrolled grade 1 students who enroll after November 1 will still have the opportunity to receive an NYC Scholarship Account.
Save For College Opt Out Notice and Forms:
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — English
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Spanish
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Chinese
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Russian
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Urdu
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Arabic
- District Opt Out Notice and Form — Korean